My Birth Preparation Course, or Hypnobirthing Course is a full antenatal programme. It follows the Wise Hippo Birthing Programme and provides tools and techniques to prepare for a calmer, instinctive birth, one that you may even look forward too…
Pregnancy is an exciting time, full of anticipation and joy to the arrival of your wonderful baby. Though some of the choices and stories we hear from friends, family and professional health workers can be over whelming leaving you feeling apprehensive about your preferences, doubtful about your choices or fearful about birth.
Hypnobirthing has been proven by the Association of Midwifes to empower mothers to be confident in your ability, your choices and your birth. If you birth your baby at home with no medication, if you choose to birth in a midwife lead unit, in a hospital ward or through caesarean section – it will teach you to that each option is ok. Together we will learn how to be confident in the approach to birth, be calm during birth, how to ask questions and how your birthing partner is vital to your birthing experience. Working with your medical team and achieve the birth thats right for you on the day.
“Feeling like you’ve failed isn’t due to how your baby is born, its because you weren’t in control of your choices”
Sometimes your birthing partner may not always want to be present at the beginning of a Hypnobirthing course, but they won’t be the first to reluctantly come along because you’d like them too. By the end of session one, they will be on board as the course is logical and effective. The birth partners presence and support is invaluable to you, the expectant mother.
My Group courses run at The Nesting Place, Chelmsford over 4 consecutive Tuesday evenings from 6pm – 8.30pm. My private courses will be in the comfort of your own home on a evening to suit us both from 7pm – 9.30pm. In addition to the session’s you will recieve:
- The Wise Hippo Hypnobirthing Workbook
- Access Code to download your MP3 relaxation scripts & positive statements
- 10 hours of Teaching to understand the programme
- Useful Directory of Doulas, Local Groups & recommend books to read
- My support for additional questions and reassurance throughout your pregnancy.
- £265 for Group Course at The Nesting Place, Chelmsford
- £350 for a Private Class in your own home
*To reserve your space a £50 non refundable deposit is required at the time of booking by BACS and the remaining balance to be settled before the course commences.
To reserve you space click here
- Explaining the relevance of the Hippopotamus
- The Picture of Childbirth today
- The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme materials
- Defining Hypnosis
- Acknowledging Pain
- The Physiology of Birth and the Impact of Fear
- Mind / Body connection
- The Impact of Others
- Taking charge of your thoughts
- Relaxation – the antidote to discomfort
- What is Relaxation?
- Positions for Relaxation
- Remember to Breathe
- Eyes Open Hypnosis
- Time Distortion
- Birth Partners Script
- Establishing a practice routine
- Prenatal bonding
- Choosing where to have your baby
- Choosing who will be with you when you have your baby
- Alternative options for promoting comfort
- Medical intervention
- Natural nudges of encouragement for your baby
- Interventions explained
- Benefits of a natural birth
- Writing your birth plan and making your birth choices
- Physical preparations for birth
- The mirror mantra
- Fear release session
- Soothing strokes and the power of positive touch
- Positions for birth
- Ligaments and pelvis
- Humming your baby down – birthing your baby
- Birth partner’s role
- Using the techniques during labour
- When baby arrives
- Sea of Serenity – Birth Hypnosis session
- Your practice and preparation diary
Everything we teach on The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme is based on physiological and medical fact and is how the mind is already working.
The Wise Hippos Ltd